Above Ground Storage Tanks
- Any one or combination of tanks, including any connected underground pipes.
- The tank is used to contain an accumulation of petroleum or petroleum products.
- The volume of product stored is less than 10% beneath the surface of the ground.
- Heating tanks, farm tanks, residential tanks, or any tank with a capacity of 110 gallons or less are not classified as above ground storage tanks.
Insurance Coverage Offered by PSTF
- For petroleum marketers with covered above ground petroleum storage tanks, no more than $1 million per occurrence and no more than $1 million annual aggregate.
- For non-marketers of petroleum products who are owners or operators of above ground and underground storage tanks and who consume 10,000 gallons or less of petroleum products each month, no more than $500,000 per occurrence and no more than $1 million annual aggregate.
- $10,000 deductible per annum.
Storage Tanks Eligible for Insurance
Eligible storage tanks are those tanks that meet the following criteria:
- Application fees have been paid.
- The tank is in compliance with applicable federal and state regulations, including the Uniform Fire Code.
- The tank is used to contain an accumulation of petroleum or petroleum product.
- If an above ground tank is exempt from state or federal rules and regulations and/or the Uniform Fire Code by virtue of its being installed before the effective date of such rules and regulations or the Uniform Fire Code, the tank is not eligible unless it passes a tank tightness test.
- Any contamination caused by or released by or from the tank has been cleaned up, or a plan for cleanup or removal approved by the Idaho Department of Environmental Quality is being implemented, provided, however, that the trust fund shall not pay for any costs associated with prior contamination.
- Additional underwriting requirements may apply.
$25 per tank per year application fee.
How to Apply and for Detailed Information
Call 208-332-8100 or 1-877-997-7664, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or download an application. Mail application to: Petroleum Storage Tank Fund, PO Box 83720, Boise ID 83720-0044.Click here for application
Underwriting records are exempt from public disclosure, Idaho Code Section 74-109.